Blendtec vs Vitamix Blender Models
If you’re on a budget, but are looking for a top of the line blender, refurbished blenders might just be the right choice for you. Luckily, Blendtec and Vitamix both make it easy to purchase pre-owned models. These options mean significant savings for the savvy consumer! The two companies offer Certified refurbished blenders, which have passed inspections to verify that they meet the high standards. Any worn or broken piece will have been replaced, resulting in “refurbished” option that looks amazingly brand new. In fact, Blendtec ships its refurbished blenders sealed in a box with the Blendtec Recipe Book and DVD, just like a full price purchase!
- If the pre-used aspect has you concerned, Blendtec and Vitamix are ready to ease any fears with their warranties for refurbished blenders. A pre-owned Blendtec product comes with a full 7-year warranty, just like a new purchase. Vitamix, too, offers a sizeable 5-year warranty, in addition to its traditional 30-day trial period for your new blender.
With all the peace of mind Blendtec and Vitamix give their users, only one question remains: what refurbished blenders are the best? We divide our picks into the two obvious categories: Blendtec** and Vitamix.
**Note: Blendtec is only currently offering its refurbished lines for purchase in the USA and Canada.
Refurbished Blenders Blendtec Blender Models
Refurbished Blendtec Total Blender Classic
Though the Total Blender Classic has always been a popular choice, previously its refurbished model was still more than a brand new Blendtec of a different model. Luckily, those days are over! Thanks to Blendtec’s revamp of their blender reconditioning program, you can be the owner of a top quality, refurbished Blendtec Total Blender Classic, including its Wildside Jar, for only $279.
- If you want to save some extra money, you can get the blender with a Fourside Jar instead at just $259. Even the cheapest model of the Total Blender Classic is more expensive than this, at about $299 for the Classic 570, and this older model has far fewer features than the refurbished models.
- To sweeten the deal, you can even purchase a Blendtec Total Blender Classic on a payment plan.
Refurbished Blendtec Designer Series
Blendtec also offers a refurbished option for its incredible Designer Series. You can have this sleek blender, featuring the same 1560 watt, 13 amp 3 peak horsepower motor as the Total Blender Classic, plus the newly designed touchscreen, for just $379. Your purchase comes with the Wildside Jar. And once again, this blender has an optional payment plan, spread over the 3 months.
Refurbished Blenders Vitamix Blender Models
Thanks to its large variety of models, Vitamix is able to currently offer six different models in its reconditioned package. The blenders range from $299 to $519, and purchase comes with a 5 year warranty, plus the option to purchase additional warranty for a total of 8 years.
**Note: Vitamix is only currently offering its refurbished lines for purchase in the USA.
Certified Reconditioned S30
The S30, the first personal blender from Vitamix, has finally made it to the refurbished line. The blender, which you’ll be getting at $100 less than the sticker price, features a motor with a peak of one horsepower, seven amps, and 790 watts. Though this model is quieter than other Vitamix blenders, it’s slightly less powerful.
- With your purchase, you can get a 20-ounce Eastman Tritan BPA-free container that can be easily converted to a travel cup, and a 40-ounce container. The package also includes a tamper and the traditional Vitamix recipe cookbook.
Refurbished Vitamix Standard
Vitamix’s Standard model is one of the cheaper refurbished models, but comes with much more power than the S30 blender. The motor peaks at 2 horsepower and manual 10 speed variable control with the High setting. Your purchase comes with a 64-ounce Eastman Tritan BPA-free container, a tamper, and the Vitamix cookbook. Purchasing a refurbished blender can save you $120 off the Vitamix Standard!
Refurbished Vitamix Standard Programs
The Vitamix Standard Programs offers the largest amount of savings, totaling at $270 off a brand new blender. With this option, you can get a model with 3 automatic settings with automatic shut-off, a 2-peak horsepower model, and updated controls, including a manual 9 speed/HIGH variable control dial, pulse switch and start/stop switch.
- The Standard Programs, too, come with the 64-ounce Eastman Tritan container, a tamper, and the Savory Vitamix Recipe cookbook. A Great Choice if you like the ease of being able to walk away from the machine and not having to worrying about shutting it off. The automatic presets turn off on there own.
Refurbished Vitamix Next Generation
Next Generation Vitamix models are some of the newest on the Vitamix lineup, and thanks to the Refurbished program, you can now save $130 off the sticker price. This line includes the Vitamix 7500, the Professionarl Series 300, and Creations Elite.
- Each of these Next Generation models features a 2.2-peak horsepower motor, a shorter version of the 64-ounce Eastman Jar, a tamper, and the Simply Fresh Vitamix recipe cookbook. The motor features a manual 100speed variable with an updated pulse feature.
- Automatic features and setting comes on certain models.
- The newer Low Profile container with the bigger 4 inch blade comes equipped on most G Series Vitamix blender models.
Refurbished Vitamix Next Generation Programs
Vitamix’s newest model is the Vitamix 750, part of this Next Generation line, and can now be purchased as a refurbished blender, saving you $170. The blender comes with 5 automatic settings: smoothies, frozen desserts, hot soups, purees, and self-cleaner.
- The 2.2-horsepower motor and 10 speed variable settings make this blender a perfect choice. The purchase comes with the usual combination of 64-oz Eastman Tritan container, tamper, and Create Vitamix recipe book. And if you like the sleek look of stainless steel, the 750 model comes in a brushed metal for an extra $50.
Refurbished blenders are definitely the smartest way to save money on a blender. While a cheaper line of blenders may seem like the better choice, in the end these will just cost you more. A cheap blender breaks down much faster than a Vitamix or Blendtec, which can last far beyond the 5-10 years guaranteed by their warranties.
- With a cheap blender, you will end up just having to buy a new one. A refurbished blender, too, has already survived smoothie battles, and been polished up by the manufacturers to perfection. Refurbished blenders are made to last. All that’s left for you is to choose which model fits your needs best.
Leave your comments at the below!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for Reading!!!!!!!!!!!Happy Blending!!!!!!!!!!!!