Milk Substitutes using Blendtec vs Vitamix & Nutribullet vs Ninja Blender Models
Best Blenders for Milk Substitutes
Milk Substitutes and the health benefits
- Blender Milk Substitutes offer nutritional health benefits that cow milk doesn’t offer. Dairy Free Milk made in a blender comes from Tree Nuts and Seeds which provides for natural benefits the body needs; the common milk substitutes you hear about are: Almond Milk, Cashew Milk, Rice Milk, and Flax Milk, but you can make other types of nut milk as well as customize your nut milk recipe by doing combinations of various seeds and nuts adding in proteins and superfoods for flavor.
- Homemade Milk Substitutes are healthier than store bought milk because there is no pasteurization, no additives, and no preservatives added into the milk to enrich the flavor or longevity of shelf life.
- Pasteurization leads to killing off nutrients in the milk which you don’t have to do if you make it homemade in a blender which is just one more reason to blend your nut milk in your blender vs buying it at the store. More natural nutrition.
- Blender Milk substitutes can be made much quicker in high end blenders and the consistency will be easier to drink straight from the blender jar.
How to make Milk Substitutes
- Nut Milk and Seed Milk are made with water, that’s it. Nut Milks can be made in any blender, but with a high powered Blendtec, Vitamix, or NutriBullet Blender, you’ll be able to liquefy the ingredients to a very smooth drinkable consistency with less pulp.
- You can add a mango or banana for some extra nutrients, also, you can add dates, honey, and stevia sweeteners for healthy sweet tastes, and other extras such as proteins into the blend
- Another cool thing you can do is mix different types of nuts together like almonds and cashews for more nutrients.
Best Blender for Milk Substitutes
- We gave the win for the Milk Substitutes Blend Off to the Vitamix and Blendtec blender models for having the smoothest consistency and best tasting nut milk. The milk was very well blended, no little pieces or chunks we’re left behind in the blend, and you could drink the nut milk straight from the blender jar. The Runner up was the Nutribullet Rx blender which also had a great taste but a slightly thicker consistency than the Blendtec and Vitamix blender models, which was great but not as easy to drink as the Blendtec and Vitamix blender models. The Ninja Mega Blender had a little more pulp and little pieces in the nut milk. It didn’t blend it as good as the Nutribullet or Blendtec or Vitamix Blender Models.
Milk Substitutes and the Blender Models We Tested
- For the Best Blender for Milk Substitutes Blend Off test we used the Blendtec 725 Designer blender with the big 90oz Wildside jar, the Vitamix G Series 750 blender with the Low Profile Container, the Nutribullet Rx 1700 Watt blender, and the Ninja Mega Blending System. We 1 cup of nuts and 3 cups of water into each blender and tested the different blender models for texture, taste, and easy to use controls.
The Blend consisted of a mixture tree nuts, primarily Almonds and Cashews, with around 2 Cups of water. As you can see in the video, the blenders were capable of completely liquefying and turning the nuts and water into a creamy milk.
Milk Substitutes Blender Information
Blendtec Milk Substitutes
There are no automatic buttons for Milk Substitutes on the Blendtec blender digital display, what you need to do is let the blender run on a high speed for around 30 to 45 seconds. You can do this by using your manual speeds or by pushing one of the more powerful automatic buttons that runs for a long time, like the Whole Juice Button or Soup button.
The powerful blades go right through the nuts and liquefy them almost instantly and turn the blend white. The Nut Milk turns into an extremely smooth nut milk in around 30 seconds because of the amazing blendtec blade design and how it pulls all the ingredients into the blades. The consistency is fantastic and very easy to drink and any Blendtec blender model can do this.
The Blendtec Fourside Jar or Wildside jar will have no trouble making your Nut Milk Recipes and you can buy an older Blendtec Total Blender or a new designer Blendtec blender and you will get the same results.
Vitamix Milk Substitutes
Vitamix blender models, old or new, will have no problem making nut milk or any milk substitutes. The powerful stainless steel blades provide for a very smooth easily drinkable consistency straight from the Vitamix Container and you can blend a nut milk in around 30 seconds with any of the Vitamix Blender Containers. Run the Vitamix blender on it’s highest speed for 30 to 45 seconds, add some ice if you want it to be cold.
If you have a newer Vitamix machine you can use an automatic setting like on the newer digital ascent series or legacy series or if you have an older Vitamix with a Speed dial or just a high/low switch, just do it manually. It’s very quick and easy to do.
The Newer Vitamix Low Profile container is our favorite Vitamix Container but if you have a 64 oz tall Vitamix Container, a 48oz Short Vitamix Container, or the 32 ounce Compact Vitamix Container, all can blend your Nut Milk or Milk Substitutes very easily.
Nutribullet Milk Substitutes
The NutriBullet Rx 1700 Watt Blender is a very effective blender for all types of Blends and Nut Milks is one of them. It only has 1 speed option that is automatic and goes a very fast speed and stops on it’s own after 62 seconds of running. It’s a very powerful speed which can make your Hot Soups, Smoothies, Juices, and works well for making Milk Substitutes easily and quickly. The blade design is similar to a Vitamix and it goes right through the Nuts and turns them into a white milk substitute in seconds.
The NutriBullet blade and NutriBullet base come apart. Add in your tree nuts, (Almond and Cashew combinations are good), Seeds (Flax), and add water, then place the pitcher on the base. It will run it’s Nutribullet automatic blend cycle, and by the time it’s done, your milk substitute will be ready. NutriBullet has the most unique and simple to use blender design.
Quick Note’ Because of the high RPM speeds the NutriBullet Rx, Vitamix, and Blendtec are able to travel, they can heat up your Nut Milk and Cook your nuts from the friction similar to how they make soup. We recommend adding some ice to keep the temperature cool giving you a nice cold milk straight from the jar.
Ninja Mega Blender Milk Substitutes
Ninja Mega Blender comes with 3 speed options for Low, Medium, and High. Choose the Highest speed setting and let the blender run, you’ll have to manually stop it after around 1 minute of blending, but that will be enough time to give you a nice creamy milk-substitute.
The Texture produced from Ninja Mega Blender will be slightly more pulpy and bland and wasn’t as well blended as the other high end blenders.
The Ninja Mega Blender blade design didn’t do a good job at totally liquefying everything thoroughly. Watch the video above and you’ll see for yourself.
Nut Milk Bag Option
Milk Substitutes made in a blender can be strained through a Nut Milk Bag to reduce the amount of small particles left behind by the blender. It will be the same consistency as store bought milk if you strain it, making it more easily drinkable by taking away any left over particles left behind by the blender.
What’s nice about the – Blendtec – Vitamix – and – Nutribullet Rx – blenders – is that the – Milk Substitute – comes out smooth enough for you to drink it straight out of the jar. No Chunks get left behind and the Consistency can be comparable to store bought milk straight from the jar, but straining your Nut Milk through a Nut Milk Bag will cause it to get rid of any and all little particles and pieces left behind.
Milk Substitutes are one of the easier recipes you can make in a blender, and no matter which one of the blenders listed above you choose to go with, you will have no troubles making healthy milk substitutes. Any older Blendtec blender such as the Total Blender or any older Vitamix blender model such as the Vitamix 5200 or Turbo Blend will be good for Nut Milks.