10 High End Blenders Blendtec vs Vitamix Best Blenders for Smoothies
High End Blenders Blendtec vs Vitamix Blender Models
HIGH END BLENDERS!!!! Buying high performance high end blenders is a big move and an expensive one. Make sure to evaluate which blender model is best for you and your blending needs. Read the reviews on the site and watch the videos and you’ll get a feel for how the blenders work, sound, and operate.
This article covers some of the main differences between Blendtec vs Vitamix controls, automatic features, and different blender models. Each of the high end blender models have different user interfaces which we go over in this article. If you have any questions, leave your comments at the end of the article.
~~ Choose your Blender ~~
High End Blenders
Blendtec Vs Vitamix Blender Models
- Blendtec Designer 725
- Blendtec Designer 675
- Blendtec Designer 625
- Blendtec Classic 575
- Blendtec Professional 800
- Vitamix Turbo Blend
- Vitamix 5200
- Vitamix 7500
- Vitamix 750
- Vitamix 780
Blendtec Series High End Blenders
Blendtec Designer Series Blender Models
Blendtec 725 Designer Series Blender Model
The Blendtec Designer 725 high end blenders are known as the most advanced blenders that Blendtec has ever produced and is the most expensive of their high end blenders. The Designer Series 725 Blender gives you the most options. It comes with 6 preprogrammed cycles which include:
- Ice Cream
- Whole Juice
- Hot Soup
- Self Clean
Each blender cycle is structured differently and works to produce the specific blend it says on the button. Blendtec specifically designed the pre-programmed cycles for specific types of blends giving you ease of use and automatic versatility at the touch of a button.
- The Blendtec Designer 725 also has smart-blend technology where it tells you if your blender is overloaded, over-heated, or if their is an air pocket. Also included in this digital masterpiece is an add 10 second feature where you can add 10 more seconds to your blend by tapping the same blend cycle icon you are using for your blend. This will allow you to keep the blender running for as long as you’d like for the perfect blend.
- Last thing I want to mention are Blend Rewards which comes only on the Blendtec Designer 725. The Designer 725 is Blendtec’s most High End Blender model and the Blender Rewards reads off codes on the blender digital interface where you can rewarded for blending. You can unlock rewards after you reach a certain number of blends. This is meant to encourage you to use your blender more. The Blendtec Designer 725 will keep track of your blends and when you reach a certain number you will receive a reward code which you can redeem for gifts through Blendtec such as discounts on blender jars, cook books, kitchen utensils, and gift cards.
Blendtec 675 Designer Series Blender Model
The 675 Blendtec Designer high end blenders are slightly less expensive than the Blendtec Designer 725 high end blenders because they knocked out a few features. What you have to decide on are those features important enough for you to pay another $100. The main three features that Blendtec knocked out from the Blendtec Designer 725 are the Blend Rewards Program, the 100 speed touch slider, and the Salsa button. With the Blendtec Designer 675 you get an 8 speed touch slider, which works the same way, and the same automatic functions as the Blendtec 725 Designer except the Salsa button is gone, but there is an “add 10” button which allows you to add 10 seconds to your blend while the blender is running. This is convenient for getting that extra few seconds of blending in, sometimes you need it.
- The Salsa button is set to run for 23 seconds at low speeds and is meant for dips, salsas, batters, and dressings.
- The “Add 10 Second” function is a simple button which adds 10 seconds to your any blend while the blender is running. You can see time get added to the blend on the digital display.
- The pulse feature on the Blendtec Designer 725 and Blendtec Designer 675 is the same and the Touch Slider works the same way just with less speeds.
- The digital display reads off the amount of time remaining in the blends and tells on what blend cycle you’re running but it doesn’t come with the Smart Technology which gives you reward points, tells you if the blender is over loaded, or if the blender is over heating.
Blendtec 625 Designer Series Blender Model
The Blendtec 625 Designer Series Blendtec high end blenders are the most inexpensive designer series Blendtec blender, and I think a great bargain considering the price of the others is much higher. You still have your main automatic settings, your touch slider, and your pulse feature. These are the main things you need for any blend. Blendtec knocked out a few more features making this Blendtec 625 Designer Series Blendtec blender the most affordable for your wallet.
The Blendtec Designer 625 high end blenders come with the main 4 most popular Automatic functions:
- Ice Cream
- Whole Juice
- Hot Soup
The Manual Touch Slider comes with 6 powerful speeds which you can manually control by placing your finger tips on the slider and sliding your finger back and forth, and the last thing which all Blendtec high end blenders come with is the pulse button which sits next to the slider and allows you to produce short quick bursts with the blade for control and chopping capabilities.
The Digital Display screen will tell you your total blends but the Blendtec blend reward program is not included, the display will also tell you the total time of the blend and count down to zero so you can see the time remaining in your blend.
The Touch slider on the Blendtec Designer 625, Blendtec Designer 675, and Blendtec Designer 725 blender models is a long narrow button across the digital display which you can put your finger on and slide your finger back and forth or simply push a specific speed and let go.
More on the Blendtec Designer Touch slider Controls
You can manually control your blends by using the very responsive touch slider, where you touch the slider and the blender starts. You can move your finger up and down the slider and it will change speeds. The Blendtec Designer 725 manual touch slider has 100 speeds, the Blendtec Designer 675 has 8 big speeds, and the Blendtec 625 slider has 6 huge speeds. The Slider is a very responsive feature that only comes on the Designer models ! It even tells you which speed to use for stirring, chopping, mixing, blending, or pureeing.
Blendtec Classic Series Models
Blendtec 575 Classic Series Blender Model
The Blendtec Classic 575 Series Blendtec high end blenders are a little more affordable with a similar design to the Designer Series. The main difference between the Designer and the Classic Series Blendtec high end blenders is the Push button interface technology vs Digital Slide Touch interface Technology. Blendtec blenders are all digital but each blender models offers a different user interface and similar but different settings.
- The automatic features on the Blendtec 575 Classic work the same way as the Blendtec Designer Series blenders but are set up slightly different. Similar to the Touch Slider on the Blendtec Designer high end blenders, the Classic Series high end blenders allow you to change speeds while the blender is running and control the speed you are on, but instead of sliding your finger back and forth down the slider, you can simply push a button to go what speed you want. You are able to start the blend on any speed, a high speed or low speed, and then push the buttons as the blender is running to change those speeds. The buttons are very responsive to the touch and the speeds will immediately change.
- The Blendtec Classic 575 high end blenders come with 2 different automatic features that the Designer Series blenders don’t have, which is the 60 Second and 90 Second automatic cycles. Both the 60 Second button and 90 Second button will run for that duration of time and will run on Blendtec’s highest speeds allowing for recipes to get blended thoroughly.
- Blendtec left the Smoothie button and Self Clean button the same as which is on the designer and of coarse the Pulse button works the same way.
The Classic Series Blendtec 575 high end blenders have a different overall appearance than the Designer Series Blendtec and cost a little less but still give you everything you need for Hot Dry Wet and Cold blending. You can produce the same high quality blends as you can with Blendtec Designer Series high end blenders.
Blendtec Juice Shop or Smoothie Shop High End Blenders
Blendtec Professional 800 Commercial Blender Model
The Blendtec Professional 800 high end blenders are Blendtec’s most expensive blender models running $1099 brand new and $799 refurbished. This blender is meant to be used at commercial juice shops, restaurants, or a coffee shops like starbucks; places where you want to be able to talk to guests as the blender is running.
- There is a noise reduction cover which comes on the Blendtec Professional Series 800 high end blenders which allows you to comfortably talk to people while standing next to the blender. It is substantially quieter than any other high end blenders on the market.
- If you are a commercial juice shop or restaurant this is the blender you’ll want. It comes with a feature called Blend Wizard that let’s you pre program each button to have a custom blend cycle to fit your needs. It is set up just like the other Designer Series blenders having a pulse function and a responsive manually controlled touch slider, but the blend wizard allows you to add custom cycles, and they’re 42 pre-programmed cycles for custom blends you can use.
- The Digital display will read off the time remaining in your blends and you can scroll through all the options that Blend Wizard offers, it all shows up on the digital display. Very cool feature.
Vitamix Series High End Blenders
Vitamix C Series Blender Models
Vitamix TurboBlend C Series Blender Model
Although an older Vitamix blender model, don’t under estimate the Vitamix TurboBlend C Series high end blenders. This blender has been around a very long time and has proven to be reliable and is still used at a lot of juice and smoothie shops such as Nectar and a few others. It is the most basic of Vitamix high end blenders, you only get two speeds, low and high, which means you can either go slow or go fast!
- The Low speed can be used for grinding coffee beans, making dips and thicker recipes, and is good for low speed chopping.
- The powerful high speed will produce a fine smoothie consistency for you smoothies, juices, flours, and finish off your ice creams and heat your soups.
- You always want to start the recipe on the low speed and then flip it to high to liquefy, puree, or heat.
- For Chopping you can simply turn the power switch on and off quickly and it will act as a pulse button.
The Turbo Blend 2 Speed Vitamix high end blenders are still being used at Nectar and other Commercial Juice shops and have been around for many years, although there are only 2 speeds, low and high, it can still accomplish high quality blends and give you the same results as newer Vitamix high end blenders.
Vitamix 5200 C Series Blender Model
The Vitamix 5200 C Series high end blenders are the top selling Vitamix blenders ever sold. Your grandma has one, your mom has one, and now you can have one. Extremely reliable and provides complete control over you blends as you can change speeds quickly by rotating the 10 speed dial, which gives you a choice of 20 speeds, 10 on high, and 10 on Low. Feel the power behind the blade every time you move the dial to a higher or lower speed, it is very reactive to the touch. With newer high end blenders coming on the market, you can can get a Vitamix 5200 Blender for a very good price.
- The High / Low Switch provides for you to have 10 speeds on low and 10 on high, giving you 20 different blending speeds.
- For the majority of your recipes, you’ll want to start on low and let the ingredients inside the container start moving around, then flip it to high.
- It’s a huge power boost when you flip from Low to High, you will have fun playing with the controls and liquefying, pureeing, or heating Soups.
The controls on the Vitamix 5200 high end blenders don’t have a pulse switch but you can simply pulse the blends by using the on/off switch, it works well. Just set the speed setting and quickly flip the on/off switch and it will act as a pulse feature.
Vitamix G Series Blender Models
Vitamix 7500 G Series Blender Model
The Vitamix G Series 7500 high end blenders and the Vitamix C Series 5200 high end blenders are set up almost the same way accept the Vitamix 7500 gives you a pulse feature instead of the High/Variable Low switch. The Vitamix G Series 7500 gives you a speed dial with 10 speeds which are easy to control by rotating the knob, it’s the most basic G Series Vitamix blender from the Vitamix G Series high end blender line; and it’s also the quietest blender from the G Series line and all of the Blendtec blender lines.
- Vitamix G Series high end blenders are an upgrade from the Vitamix C Series blenders with a newer 2.2hp motor they are equipped to be much quieter and more powerful in the kitchen.
- Along with the sleek powerful look of the Vita mix G Series, the blender is easy to use, simply set the speed you’d like and flip the start switch and it will turn on. Then you can manually control the blend by rotating the dial which is very effective and powerful.
Vitamix 750 G Series Blender Model
The Vitamix 750 G Series high end blenders have all the latest features that Vitamix offers which include automatic features. The pre programmed cycles offer quick and easy blending allowing you to set it and walk away from the machine without having to worry about stopping the blender. The Vitamix 750 G Series blender model offers 5 automatic blend programs which are:
- Ice Cream
- Hot Soup
- Self Clean Mode
- Along with these automatic features is the pulse which is great for making salsas, chopping ingredients, or making a hearty soup chunky.
The powerful 10 Vita mix manual speeds on the Vita mix G Series speed dial allow for precision blending control, you will feel the power of the Vita mix blade and Vita mix motor with every turn of the knob. It is very responsive to each turn; furthermore, the Vitamix G Series 750 high end blenders are able to blend much quieter than any Blendtec blender or Vitamix C Series blender.
Vitamix 780 G Series Blender Model
The newest edition to the Vitamix G Series high end blenders is the Vitamix 780 G Series Blender. This is the first Vitamix blender that is all digital and works similar to the Blendtec blenders giving you push button digital technology and a slide touch vertical manual speed control slider.
- It is very straight forward and easy to use. The automatic programs work the same way as the Vitamix G Series 750 and C Series 500 but the digital interface is a push button control vs a Speed Dial.
- The 750 vitamix and 780 Vitamix offer the same automatic programs and pulse feature, along with the same 10 speed manual controls, only on the Vitamix 780 G Series is set up as a touch slider which works by finger movement vs rotating a dial.
The Vitamix 780 G Series high end blenders come with the 2.2hp motor which is quieter and more powerful than the Vitamix C Series blender line.
The question you have to ask yourself before making a final decision between one of these blenders is do like pushing buttons more or turning a speed dial more? Do you like a digital interface control system or a speed dial? Do you like sharp blades which Vitamix offers or Dull Blades which Blendtec offers. These are the big questions that Blendtec fans and Vitamix fans have been fighting over. You can’t go wrong with either of these fantastic machine. The Warranty on the Blendtec blenders is 8 years and comes with a cook book with over 300 recipes and the Vitamix blenders come with a 7 year warranty with an option to extend to a 10 year warranty, and also comes with a recipe book with over 300 recipes. The decision is yours.
Leave your comments at the bottom!!!!!!!!!Thanks for Reading!!!!!!!!!Happy Blending!!!!!!!!!!