Best Blender for Juicing Blendtec vs Vitamix Blender Models Compared
Which is the Best Blender for Juicing?
Best Blender for Juicing!!!!! When you think of Juicing, most of the time you think of juicer, right? Pushing down vegetables through the tube, getting a little bit of juice from each ingredient and a big mess on the other end. Well a high power blender can break down nutrients so well, that the consistency can be compared to a juice extractor, the big benefit being that you still are able to get all the fiber and you don’t waste pulp and nutrition, like a traditional juicer does.
The Juicing blend off aims to show you that you are able to blend your larger whole foods, nuts and seeds into an easily drinkable smooth juice, which in some cases can be compared to a juice from a juicer. Although a juice from a juice extractor is completely different than a juice from a blender we want to show you how blender juice has perks over a juice extractor juice.
My name is Frank Musa, I’m the producer of the Blend Offs, you can watch me in the video below. My goal with this review is to show you which blender is the best blender for juicing. If you have any questions about juicing in your blender or how the Blendtec vs Vitamix blender models compare, please leave your comments below.
Just to throw it out there, juicing in a juicer provides you with an immediate impact of nutrients and energy where as blending juices in a blender will provide a delayed but longer lasting energy that, depending on the ingredients you turn into a juice, can give you energy and keep you full for a very long time.
Blending vs Juicing – 7 Benefits
The main benefit to blending is FIBER, you retain all the fiber when you blend. Juicers extract the pulp by pushing it through a screen which squeezes out the juice from the vegetables and fruits and causes you to lose a lot of the fiber and have a lot of left over waste.
- You can save time by having less to clean up with a blender, you can add in seeds, nuts, whole foods, and leafy vegetables into a blend.
- It’s much more cost effective to blend because you don’t need as much produce and you get a whole lot more juice.
- Not trying to say blending is better, both juicers and blenders are absolutely amazing for you and we would highly recommend doing both for optimal health.
- Fiber is more important for you as you get older.
- Blending gives you longer lasting energy depending on the ingredients you put into the blend, you can have sustained energy throughout the entire day.
- Juicing is more of an immediate impact, it hits you faster but doesn’t last as long.
- The juice from a juice extractor is higher in sugar content so be careful if you are older to to juice to much or if you’re blending don’t add in to many fruits, use more vegetables instead.
A Few More Benefits to Blending vs Juicing
- You don’t have to chop ingredients into little pieces
- You Can Place big chunks of whole foods into the blender
- You can add in Nuts and Seeds for more health benefits
- Quicker to liquefy ingredients
- Easier to clean a blender than a juicer
Best Deals are the Vitamix Reconditioned Blenders and the Blendtec Refurbished Blenders
Links To Individual Blender Models
- Blendtec Designer 725
- Blendtec Classic 575
- Blendtec Refurbished Deals
- Vitamix C Series 500
- Vitamix 750
- Vitamix Reconditioned Deals
These are some of the top performing blenders from these companies. Each Class of blender: Vitamix Personal S Series, Vitamix C Series, Vitamix Legacy G Series, Blendtec Designer, and Blendtec Classic, have their own unique design with custom features. The differences between the designs are with their interface controls, motors, and containers. Each design is slightly different.
Best blender for juicing and control
It’s hard to decide on which is the best blender for juicing. The capabilities of the Blendtec blender and Vitamix blender are equal in regards to the consistencies you are able to attain. You are able to control your blends digitally or manually and both offer automatic settings, the choice you have to make is which style would you prefer to use.
- The Interface control on all Vitamix Legacy G Series and Personal blender models are focused around a speed dial for amazing control.
- Newer Vitamix Ascent blenders focus on digital controls with automatic settings.
- The powerful motor and blade design allow you to quickly liquefy all ingredients in the container.
- Vitamix blenders have a very secure gripper lid so you can fill the container to the top.
- The Tamper on Vitamix machines allows you to push ingredients into the blades while the blender runs.
- The more advanced Legacy Vitamix blenders have automatic presets around their speed dial which you can use for juicing.
- You can choose from puree, ice cream, soup, clean, and smoothie from the Vitamix automatic settings.
- The Blendtec offers two different designs for their Blendtec Designer and Blendtec Classic blender models.
- The Designer Series Blendtec offers a sleek Slide Touch Interface with a selection of automatic settings.
- The Classic Blendtec blender models uses a push button interface with automatic options, both function the same way.
- Blendtec blenders offer a very powerful motor and blade design which pulverizes and quickly liquefies ingredients.
- The Touch slider and manual push buttons are very reactive to the touch and quickly change speeds.
- Blendtec offers automatic buttons which are very effective and change speeds on their own. Juicing is one of the buttons offered and has a 40 second run time.
Blendtec vs Vitamix Best Blender for Juicing
Blendtec Designer Model
- The Blendtec Designer is the best blender for juicing because it produced the most liquefied, most drinkable juice, in the least amount of time.
- The Juice was in fact so liquefied that it could be compared to a juice from a juice extractor, but with all the fiber.
- Most blenders just spin everything around, but the Designer pulls the ingredients into the blades and all the ingredients hit the blades and get shredded down into nothing.
- The Blendtec Designer uses the 90oz Wildside Jar which broke down the Dr. Oz Green Juice Recipe more thoroughly and quickly than the Vitamix G Series Low Profile Container, Vitamix C Series Standard Container, Vitamix S Series Personal blender, and Blendtec Classic Series blender models coud.
- The performance from theWildside Blendtec Jar was tasty and fantastic and we think the Blendtec Designer deserves the WIN for the Best Blender for Juicing Blend Off.
Blendtec Classic Model
- The Classic Blendtec blender easily liquefied the Dr. Oz Green Juice Recipe but the consistency was not as liquefied and drinkable as the Blendtec Designer.
- The texture from the Blendtec standard 64oz jar was slightly more pulpy and thicker and turned out more like a smoothie vs a juice.
- The heavy and large amount of ingredients that Dr. Oz uses in his recipes makes it difficult for most blenders to handle liquefying the juice without leaving any pulp behind.
- The Blendtec Classic Jar is great, and can handle all your blends, but the Wildside Jar seems to be better for juicing.
- We noticed that Blendtec Wildside Jar and Vitamix Low Pro Container have a much larger holding capacity than the Vitamix standard container and the Blendtec standard jar. The base is wider and the blades are bigger which makes it easier to pack up the jar with ingredients.
- You are able to purchase the Blendtec Wildside Jar for any and all Blendtec blender models as well as certain Vitamix Blender Models..
- Search Blendtec Rebel Jar for Vitamix Blenders if you want a Wildside Jar for a your Vitamix.
Vitamix G Series 750
- The Vitaimx G Series uses a NEWER Low Profile Container which quickly and easily liquefied the Dr. Oz Green Juice Recipe, out performing the other Vitamix Blender Models and the Blendtec Classic blender.
- Similar to the Blendtec Wildside Jar, the Low Profile Container from Vitamix has a wide base and a 4 inch thicker blade which can easily blend larger whole ingredients very quickly, such as the types of ingredients that are in Dr. Oz Recipes.
- The consistency was better than all the blender models but not as good as the Blendtec Designer with the Wildside Jar.
- The Vitamix Low Pro Container didn’t need any help from the tamper to blend the Dr. Oz Recipe, it was able to handle it all by itself. It is a large load.
- I do recommend the Vitamix Low Profile Container for juicing recipes and think it works great for juicing and all your Vitamix recipes. I think it’s a big improvement over the Standard 64oz Vitamix Container.
Vitamix C Series 500
- The Vitamix C Series had a little trouble liquefying the ingredients on it’s own, but with a little help from the Vitamix tamper the Vitamix C 500 liquefied the large load that the Dr. Oz Green Juice Recipe has.
- The texture was similar the the Blendtec Classic, more of a smoothie than a juice.
- The Vitamix C Series blender model come standard with a tall 64oz container with a 3 inch blade design, which was the original Vitamix Container for many years until the newer Low Profile Container came out.
- It’s a little harder for the blender to get all the ingredients into the blades without the use of a tamper.
- The Vitamix Tall 64oz container works well for all your blends but if you’re deciding on a blender container for your Vitamix blender, I would recommend the Low Profile Container over the Vitamix tall container.
Vitamix S Series Model
The BIG FAILURE…..
The Vitamix S Series failed miserably. We attempted to blend the large load of ingredients we placed in the other Vitamix Containers into the smaller Vitamix S Personal blender 40 oz container, this was a mistake.
The container was over filled and the ingredients we’re not able to reach the blades even with the use of the tamper.
To blend juices in a Personal S Series Vitamix blender you need to chop the ingredients into tiny little pieces in order to get the ingredients into the blades, which totally defeats the purpose of owning a high power blender.
Best Blender for juicing Containers and Jars from Blendtec and Vitamix blender models
Advantages and Disadvantages to Blendtec Jars vs Vitamix Containers?
- The design of the Blendtec Jars and Vitamix Containers are completely different but both work great.
- Blendtec uses a square jar design with a dull 2 blade stainless steel desgin for their jars.
- Vitamix containers are round and use a 4 blade stainless steel design
- Blendtec blades work to pull down ingredients into the blades for you so you can walk away from the machine and the blender does all the work for you.
- Vitamix blenders work to force the ingredients down and into the sides of the container where they are forced to fall back down onto the blades.
- Blendtec has no sharp or pointy edges on their jars which makes for very easy cleaning and the 2 blade design has advantages when attempting to scoop ingredients out with a spatula.
- The Vitamix container has sharp pointy edges so you have to be a little more careful during cleaning around the blades and it is a little more difficult to get around the 4 blade design.
- Both Vitamix containers and Blendtec jars are extremely durable and strong and are both made from the same type of Co Polyester BPA FREE material.
- Blendtec makes a Rebel Wildside Jar which fits onto Vitamix blender models.
- The Wildside Jar and Low Profile Container are both able to produce juices and smoothies with similar consistencies.
Best Blender for Juicing best blender jar
From our tests we discovered that the best blender for juicing comes down to the jar and container you use, not the blender itself. If you are gonna do a lot of juicing in your Vitamix or Blendtec blender then go with the Wildside Blendtec Jar or a Vitamix Low profile Container to get the best blender for juicing blends.
- These come standard the the Blendtec Designer blender models and the Vitramix Legacy G Series blender models.
- If you get a Vitamix C Series or Blendtec Classic blender model then make sure to order one with a Wildside Jar or Low Pro Container. These would be your best choices for juicing blends.
Both the Blendtec Wildside Jar and Vitamix Low Profile Container have a bigger stronger 4 inch blade design with a much wider base than the standard jars that the companies offer. This bigger blade wider design works great for juicing large amounts because you can quickly liquefy recipes, and from what we noticed, the blend is smoother and more easily drinkable than the standard containers.
Leave your comments at the bottom!!!!!!!!!Thanks for Reading!!!!!!!!!Happy Blending!!!!!!!!!!!