Best Blender for Blender Cleaning Blendtec vs Vitamix vs Nutribullet vs Ninja
Best Blender for Blender Cleaning
The dreaded part after a smoothie recipe is cleaning the blender. Sometimes the smoothie gets all over the place, it’s on the display, on the counter top, inside the blender lid. Some blender models are easier to clean than others. In this short review we go over the details of cleaning your blender and show you which is the best blender for blender cleaning.
Best Blender for Blender Cleaning Tip
Most blenders require you to simply add soapy water into the blender jar and let it run for 30 seconds to a minute on a high speed, this works to remove and filter out the remaining gunk left over from a smoothie recipe, and softens up gunk from thicker recipes. 2 cups of water and a squeeze of dish soap works really well, make sure to add enough water so it hits the lid.
If you made a thicker recipe such as a nut butter then you’ll need a sponge and will need to reach under the blades and work a little harder to clean your blender, this is where you have to be careful because most blenders have sharp blades.
Which Blender is the Best Blender For Blender Cleaning
Best Blender For Blender Cleaning Models We Tested
For the best blender for cleaning blend off between the Blendtec vs Vitamix vs Nutribullet vs Ninja blender models we used the Blendtec 725 Designer blender with the big 90oz Wildside jar, the Vitamix G Series 750 blender with the Low Profile Container, the Nutribullet Rx 1700 Watt blender, and the Ninja Mega Blending System. We used the same cleaning process on all the blender models and came to our decision based on convenience and blade design.
Which Blender is the Best Blender for Blender Cleaning?
We gave the win for the best blender for blender cleaning to the Blendtec blender. Blendtec has a light weight jar which weights only 1.5 pounds and is very easy to handle, the material it’s made from is Eastman Tritan Co Polyester BPA FREE material, which has passed all safety inspections.
The thing that set Blentec apart from the other blender models is the Dull Blades. On the Blendtec blenders their jars have a big thick dull blade that is easy to reach under and around. You can comfortably clean the Blendtec Jar without fear of cutting your fingers on sharp pointy blades and the blade is welded onto the jar so there are no pieces that come apart.
It’s a 2 blade design which allows you to easily scoop ingredients out from the bottom of the jar, and last it’s dishwasher safe.
Blentec is the only blender to have dull blades on there jars. The Vitamix, NutriBullet, and Ninja Blenders, and most blenders have sharp blades which you have to be more careful when cleaning.
Blendtec has a unique square jar design with 2 dull blades which makes for easy cleaning. You can fit your entire hand in a blendtec Jar comfortably, and you can easily use a sponge and go around and under the blades without any fear of cutting your fingers, this is a big perk specially if you blend a lot.
- The Blendtec jar is a patented design and is very light weight. The Blade is welded to the jar, nothing comes apart during cleaning. The Jar only weighs 1.5 pounds, much lighter than it’s competitors, and it’s a well constructed 1-piece unit.
- The Poly-carbonate material makes it so you can drop the jar, hit it with a hammer, throw it against the wall, and it won’t break. It’s very strong and durable.
- Blendtec also offers an automatic self clean button on certain newer Blendtec blender models which is a nice feature for self cleaning. If you don’t have the self clean button option then just add soap and water and push the smoothie button.
The Nutribullet blender pitcher comes apart in 2 pieces. The base is Detachable which makes the extractor blades easy to clean. The blades are similar to the Vita mix blender, sharp, but because the base detaches from the pitcher it’s easy to reach under and around the blades and clean inside the pitcher or cup.
- Nutribullet blenders come with several different pitchers and cups which work for different types of blends and serving sizes. The Nutribullet Rx comes with a detachable set of blades that screw onto the Nutribullet cups and pitchers.
- The cups and pitchers are made from heavy duty plastic but are not safe for the dish washer.
- Because the blades are detachable it makes it very easy to get everything out from the pitcher or cup and the blades can be rinsed out and cleaned easily.
- Gunk can get stuck inside the Blendtec Lid which comes apart in 2 pieces. The Blendtec Lid is square and gunk can get stuck in the corners of the lid which you’ll need to rinse out thoroughly.
The NEW Low Profile Container is the most effective for cleaning because of it’s wider blender base and slightly thicker 4 inch blades. The blades are much easier to reach under and around in the Low Pro Vitamix Container and there is less worry of cutting your fingers. It is also easier to scoop ingredients out from the container. Other Vitamix Containers can be tougher to clean.
- The narrow tall 64oz container is toughest to clean because of the narrow base and 3 inch blades, there is not enough room to reach around the blades and it is difficult to reach in the container with your hand and under the very sharp stainless steel blades.
- Vitamix also offers a 48 oz container and a 32 ounce container. All containers use sharp stainless steel blades.
- The Best Vitamix container for cleaning is the Vita-mix Low-Profile-Container.
- The Best method for removing smoothie gunk from the bottom of the Vitamix Container is running the blender with soap and water for 20 to 30 seconds, this will loosen gunk so you can simply rinse out the container.
- The Lid of the Vitamix is very nice for cleaning, it’s round and flexible and easy to reach around.
- The Vitamix Container is made from a Safe BPA FREE Co Polyester Material which is very strong and durable.
The blades on the Ninja Blender are separate from the jar and you have to be very careful because they are razor sharp blades and you can easily cut your fingers. The Ninja Blender Jar is easy to clean once you take out the blades, you just have to be careful when cleaning the blades.
- A perk to the Ninja Blender is that you can remove the blades from the blender jar, which makes for easy cleaning.
- The downside is that the blades are extremely sharp; in fact, are much sharper than most blenders on the market, so be careful.
- The Lid on the Ninja Blender is hard plastic and is a little difficult to get all the gunk out. It’s not flexible rubber and gunk can get stuck inside the hard plastic.
- The Ninja Blender pitcher is also made from hard plastic material.
Blendtec vs Vitamix Best Blender For Blender Cleaning
Blendtec Wildside Jar vs Vitamix Low Profile Container
The Blendtec Wildside Jar and Vitamix Low Profile Container are the easiest two blender containers to clean from the Blendtec and Vitamix blender companies. They both offer a 4 inch blade and a wide base which makes it easier to reach into the jar and under and around the blades.
- Blendtec Jars and Vitamix Containers are made from BPA Free material, NOT PLASTIC, and are dishwasher safe.
- The containers are under warranty, so you can replace it for FREE if it breaks, they are very hard to break.
- NutriBullet and Ninja Blender Pitchers are made from a heavy duty plastic material, it’s not as strong as Eastman Tritan Co Polyester, and also not Safe BPA FREE Material. (Plastic has cancerous particles)
Blender Cleaning is a bigger deal than you think, if your blender is hard to clean you won’t use it as much, make sure you get a blender that’s easy to clean and convenient to use. All these companies offer different blender models and different blender containers. We recommend getting ones that are easy to clean; otherwise, you might get lazy and find yourself not wanting to use your blender because it’s difficult to clean.